Re: help with URL registration?

Subject: Re: help with URL registration?
From: Jan Cohen <najnehoc -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Traci Pearson <pearsontechcomm -at- comcast -dot- net>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 08:58:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Traci,

You can check the status of any domain name by going to a domain name registrar like www.networksolutions.com and clicking on the "whois" link in the menu in the middle of their page. After clicking on that link, enter a domain name in the search field, submit it, and you'll be returned the info you're looking for.

You can usually transfer active domain names from one registrar to another, but some registrars can be difficult when it comes to giving up their clients. In the case of an expired registration, it can get even trickier to renew (not always), because some folks out there feel when a domain name owner lets their domain name registration expire they in essence give up the rights to that domain name (again, not always the case). I would contact the owning registrar of any domain names you've let expire and ask them if you can renew them. Better yet, once you've figured out who you want to host with, ask them to do this for you.

HTH,

jan cohen