RE: Information Engineers

Subject: RE: Information Engineers
From: "Melissa Nelson" <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 12:11:35 -0400

This is an interesting discussion. I have my bachelors in Technical and
Scientific Communications and took both liberal arts and technical
coursework. I also have a Masters in History of Science and Technology,
obviously a more liberal arts degree.

As a technical writer, I usually say heavy on the writer and a light on the
technical; however that has changed over the years and my technical skills
have grown. Oddly enough, I contribute this to my masters much more than I
do to my bachelors, even though my masters degree is much more in the
liberal arts. I think this is due to the fact that I learned a lot about
researching while working on my masters and I use this skill every day!!! I
research what I have to write on, and in doing this I tend to pick up
whatever technical skills are necessary.

Hope that made sense, just came back from vacation and am having a bit of a
time with the re-entry. :)

Melissa

From: Mary Arrotti <mary_arrotti -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com