RE: Windows themes and documentation

Subject: RE: Windows themes and documentation
From: "Sam Beard" <sbeard -at- oico -dot- com>
To: "Cardimon, Craig" <ccardimon -at- M-S-G -dot- com>, "Chris Borokowski" <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 14:00:00 -0500

Craig and Chris,

Not long ago, I had to retake some screen shots for my documentation
and, to keep the look consistent, I changed my theme from XP to Classic,
with the same colors, as well. After changing back and forth a couple of
times (retaking screen shots or getting new ones I wasn't aware of
needing), I noticed that I had a combination of Classic and XP going on!
Some of the windows were Classic, some XP, and the task bar was missing,
at one point! It popped up like it was supposed to, but was blank. I
moved the cursor over it and SOME of the items showed up, but most
didn't. The ones that did were almost like a negative image in
coloration. After getting all of my screen shots, I rebooted and it
seemed to clear things up. IIRC, there was even one window that had
attributes of both XP and Classic at the same time! The graphics cards
I'm using are probably not the best, but I don't think they were the
cause. Still, I'm not sure of that.

Samuel I. Beard, Jr.
Technical Writer
OI Analytical