Re: Web site legal disclaimers

Subject: Re: Web site legal disclaimers
From: Janice Gelb <Janice -dot- Gelb -at- Sun -dot- COM>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 19:32:37 +1000

Ken Poshedly <poshedly -at- bellsouth -dot- net> wrote:

> I am looking for some boilerplate wording for a
> legal disclaimer to place on an organization's home page.
>
> As with many other organizations, this one
> includes links to a wide variety of outside web
> sites and web pages that include useful
> information related to the subject matter at
> hand. But those "other" web pages and web sites
> are obviously NOT under the control of the
> organization I need to help with the disclaimer.

Don't know the wording we use on our web site
but here's the one we use in any documentation
that references third-party web sites:

RELATED THIRD-PARTY WEB SITE REFERENCES

Sun is not responsible for the availability of
third-party web sites mentioned in this document.
Sun does not endorse and is not responsible or
liable for any content, advertising, products,
or other materials that are available on or
through such sites or resources. Sun will not
be responsible or liable for any actual or
alleged damage or loss caused or alleged to be
caused by or in connection with use of or
reliance on any such content, goods, or services
that are available on or through such sites or
resources.

-- Janice

Janice Gelb | The only connection Sun has with
janice -dot- gelb -at- sun -dot- com | this message is the return address

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList