RE: Anonymity

Subject: RE: Anonymity
From: "Cardimon, Craig" <ccardimon -at- M-S-G -dot- com>
To: "Steve Cavanaugh" <scavanaugh -at- nat-seattle -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 09:05:19 -0400

<< Steve Cavanaugh wrote:

I use a simple philosophy that works every time: Never say anything, to
anyone, anywhere, that I'm not prepared to read on the front page of the
newspaper tomorrow morning. >>

The sad thing is, this philosophy isn't even new. My dad, a corporate
higher-up in the 1970s, used to tell me never to say anything I wouldn't
want to hear repeated in a court of law in front of a judge and jury. He
boiled that down even simpler: Keep your mouth shut.

When I argued with him (and remember, I was a kid then), he said freedom
of speech has nothing to do it. You can't afford freedom of speech. That
costs money and you don't have any. It's about legal liability, lawyers'
fees, and court costs.

Craig

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList