RE: Start menu question

Subject: RE: Start menu question
From: "Stansbury, Stan" <SBS -at- dolby -dot- com>
To: "Techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 09:21:19 -0700

Extending Chris's answer, I'd urge you to use the term your audience is
most likely to be familiar with. Apple tends to use "in" rather than
"on".

The bottom line for me is that it doesn't matter that much which you
pick as long as you always that one. Random changes in word usage can
create uncertainty in the user's mind.

Stan

Borokowski
> Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 8:58 AM
> To: Techwr-l
> Subject: Re: Start menu question
>
> I use "on the Start Menu," per the Microsoft Manual of
> Style for Technical Publications, page 13. I don't
> claim universality to this, but for Microsoft
> products, it makes sense to use their terminology
> (whatever you wiser minds out there may think of it
> ;).
>

> --- "Cardimon, Craig" <ccardimon -at- M-S-G -dot- com> wrote:
>
> > When we mention an application will create an entry
> > or shortcut, do we
> > say ON, OFF, IN, WITHIN, or UNDER the Start menu?
> > I'm stymied.
> >

> > Craig

information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you
are not the intended recipient, delete this message. If you are
not the intended recipient, disclosing, copying, distributing, or
taking any action based on this message is strictly prohibited.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList