Mac interface gotchas (was: Finding errors in manuals)

Subject: Mac interface gotchas (was: Finding errors in manuals)
From: Geoff Hart <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, Richard Combs <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 11:10:35 -0400

Richard Combs and David Neeley noted the incongruity of using the
trash icon to eject disks. FYI, this has been fixed since at least,
OS X, and possibly earlier: the new command name is "Eject [disk
name]", and the keyboard shortcut is Command + E. Makes much more sense.

No, the Mac isn't inevitably superior to Windows, and like all
developers everywhere, Apple sometimes get it wrong. My current
object of implacable hatred is the Spotlight search tool: the
keyboard shortcuts I've learned over 20 years for navigating the File
dialog box keep landing me in the search tool instead of in the
folder list. Grrrr.... Wish they'd provived an option for disabling
this bug... er, feature. <g>

-- Geoff Hart
ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca / geoffhart -at- mac -dot- com
www.geoff-hart.com
Coming soon: _Effective onscreen editing_ (http://www.geoff-hart.com/
home/onscreen-book.htm)

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList