RE: A Survey: Do You Name Your Images in a Std Way?

Subject: RE: A Survey: Do You Name Your Images in a Std Way?
From: "Ladonna Weeks" <ladonna -dot- weeks -at- comtrak -dot- com>
To: "'Barbara Vega'" <BarbaraV -at- libertyims -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 12:32:11 -0500

I've struggled with this for years because I sometimes don't work
on a document for a year then I can't remember what I called the
images. I mostly work in MS Word and there is no way to get it to
remember the file name of an image. The following system is what
I have evolved: I try to name them with the first few words that
appear in the dialog. If it's a button, I'll name it for the word
on the button, followed by button ("file button"). If there are
no words, I describe it (small green box, for example).

HTH

Ladonna Weeks
ladonna -dot- weeks -at- comtrak -dot- com
314-895-7674