Re: tool question: Word to HTML and PDF

Subject: Re: tool question: Word to HTML and PDF
From: "Edgar D' Souza" <edgar -dot- b -dot- dsouza -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Poornima Padmanabhan" <nimapaddy -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 08:30:55 +0530

May I add: a colleague pinged me with an issue about PrimoPDF the
other day; apparently, while it converts Word hyperlinks with an
external target URL to hyperlinks in the PDF, it does not create PDF
hyperlinks for in-the-same-document targets like bookmarks.
We solved this for the time being by getting a copy of OpenOffice.org
2.2, whose Save as PDF feature does create hyperlinks for in-doc
targets. However, as many people have noted before, OOo Writer may
change the appearance of your Word doc quite a bit when it opens it,
especially if you have used Word-specific, non-portable features in
your document. From personal experience, it usually does a hatchet job
on bulleted lists, too :-) But that aside, I rather like the PDF
converter and the other formats you can save a document as (including
HTML, IIRC).

HTH,
Ed.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList