RE: Word's "Master Document" feature

Subject: RE: Word's "Master Document" feature
From: "Fred Ridder" <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: maggiros -at- yahoo -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 14:55:27 -0400

Well, you won't find it as a command in some menu in
Word 2003, but it's certainly still there. At some point
Microsoft integrated the Master Document functionality
into the Outline view. I don't know exactly when that
occurred because I'm one of the users who were badly
burned by Master Documents in the early days and
will probably never trust the feature enough to actually
use it again when there is *any* alternative.