WebWorks Publisher 8.0.8 creating duplicate image files with broken graphic links from help

Subject: WebWorks Publisher 8.0.8 creating duplicate image files with broken graphic links from help
From: Carol Chung <cch5ng -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 10:20:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm using Framemaker 7.1 with WWP 8.0.8 to create dynamic html help. After generating the help, I notice a significant number of images have duplicates with a few random letters appended to the filenames. For ex. if the original was "Button_Save.gif", I see duplicates like "Button_Saveaon.jpg" and "Button_Saveaor.jpg". Sometimes the graphic links in the resulting help pages are broken. Our template is set up to convert graphics to .JPG format.

I share the same source files with coworkers who use the same version of Framemaker and WWP but do not observe this behavior when generating help.

Has anyone observed this type of issue? Is there an explanation and workaround for it?

Thanks,
Carol

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList