Re: This too is technical communication

Subject: Re: This too is technical communication
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 19:42:30 -0700

Possibly you work in the wrong industries. In the aircraft industry,
your procedures are thoroughly reviewed by multiple internal and
external reviewers. Then you are allowed to *test* them, with
FAA inspectors looking over the shoulders of the aircraft
mechanics who are working from them and taking notes at
every step (you may be present, but if you have to step in and
answer questions it's a mark against you). Things are similar in
companies manufacturing laboratory instruments used in
pharmaceutical development and forensic testing. And I still
have occaisional flashbacks about the review cycle of my trainer
installation and checkout procedures for the Trident missile launcher.

Gene Kim-Eng