Re: how long does "fixing" a document take

Subject: Re: how long does "fixing" a document take
From: Writers Book Mall <steve -at- writersbookmall -dot- com>
To: Carrie Baker <carriebak -at- gmail -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:57:05 -0700 (PDT)

As you suspect, the answer truly is "it depends" - but
that isn't to say that it's up in the air, at least
over the long term. Starting now, track each of your
projects, noting how long it took you to do them and
what circumstances made one job go fast and another
slow. After a short while, you will have precise
statistical evidence of *your* pace doing the work you
do in *your* organization, with all the variables of
included. You will then be able to produce rapid,
accurate estimates of how long future projects will
take. If you have multiple members of your team, you
can track individually by writer.

Web hosting from $2.99. The Hosting Team - http://www.thehostingteam.com
Books for writers at http://www.writersbookmall.com
Tech writing jobs at http://www.techwritingjobs.com