Re: Style checker?

Subject: Re: Style checker?
From: "Wouter Verkerken" <wouter_verkerken -at- mastercard -dot- com>
To: Yves Barbion <yves -dot- barbion -at- gmail -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 09:27:21 +0200

Hi Yves,

I'd have a look at AcroCheck (by AcroLinx). I used it in a previous job
and it was OK, though it took a while to implement. Another one is called
MAXit Checker, but it's been years since I've seen that one, so I don't
know what it's like now.

Cheers,
Wouter

Yves Barbion <yves -dot- barbion -at- gmail -dot- com>
Sent by:
06/21/2007 11:19 AM

cc

Subject
Style checker?

I'm looking for a style checker tool that dynamically checks whether
DITA-structured text complies with terminology databases and style
guides. Something that does the following:

Original: "Choose Print from the File menu to print the doctor's contact
details. A dialog appears. Click on the Print button."

Corrections suggested by the style checker: "Choose *File *> *Print *to
print the *physician*'s details. A dialog box appears. Click *Print*.",
where:

* "doctor" is replace with "physician" to comply with the
terminology database.
* The syntax is changed ("Choose File > Print...") to comply with
the company style guides.

These are the basic feature requirements. It would be really nice if the
style checker can do the following too:

* Check multilingual terminology databases
* Check multiple style guides in order of a user-defined preference.
For example, check Microsoft Manual of Style first, then the Apple
Publications Style Guide and, if there's a conflict, give
preference to style guide A.

Kind regards

--
Yves Barbion
Documentation Architect

Scripto bvba
Asselsstraat 65
9031 Gent
Belgium
T: +32 494 12 01 89
F: +32 9 366 50 23
BTW (VAT) BE 0886.192.394
skype: yves.barbion

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as
wouter_verkerken -at- mastercard -dot- com -dot-

or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/wouter_verkerken%40mastercard.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail message and any attachments are only for the use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, distribution or other use of this e-mail message or attachments is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please delete and notify the sender immediately. Thank you.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList