Re: Wording too dense? OK?

Subject: Re: Wording too dense? OK?
From: "Susan W Gallagher" <susanwg -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L Administrator" <admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 11:37:16 -0700

While the instructions may be perfectly comprehensible to your SME and to
many members of the target audience who are already familiar with the
application, I'd wager there'll be some who'll look at that procedure and
call tech support immediately. <g> And even if 100% of the target audience
did understand the instructions, have you no doc standards to enforce? If it
were me, I'd insist on complete sentences at the very least - there is a
paucity of verbs in your sample text. Were I you, I would ask to watch the
procedure being performed and be prepared to take copious notes.
MOO, YMMV, HTH
-Sue Gallagher

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList