Re: 40-hour weeks (was Re: FWD: Lack...)

Subject: Re: 40-hour weeks (was Re: FWD: Lack...)
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 16:26:51 -0700

I think this admittedly extreme case demonstrates the potential problem
with the "work to live" view of life. If you see work strictly as what you
have to do to be able to afford to "live," you run the risk that you'll make
your career choices strictly on the basis of income and "financial security"
(whatever the heck that is nowadays) instead of how you feel about
where you're spending your days and what you're doing while you're
there.

Gene Kim-Eng