RE: Working later than the boss

Subject: RE: Working later than the boss
From: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "'Julie Stickler'" <jstickler -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 14:25:05 -0400

Julie Stickler wrote:

>My reading of the situation is the boss is hinting that someone in the
department should start doing something that the manager is not
willing to do themselves (stay until COB). Personally, if I were a
manager I would be uncomfortable asking someone who worked under me
(and who possibly, but not necessarily, was making less money than me)
to do something that I was unwilling to do myself.<

The problem is you're letting ethics, compassion, and fairness enter into
the equation. You need a few more lessons in management from Dilbert's
pointy-haired boss. Workers are meant to be abused....they like it;
otherwise, they would be managers.

Sheesh, quite all that whining and get back to the salt mines. Next thing
you know, you'll be asking for sick time, vacation, maternity/paternity
leave and that "B" word. You'll stay as long as I want you to Mr. Cratchit.

Grumble, grumble...snort.

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design and Award Winning
Videos
Voice/Msg: 802-658-3140
Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com
office and beautiful note cards for all occasions.)

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList