Re: How do you select translation vendors?

Subject: Re: How do you select translation vendors?
From: Michelle Vina-Baltsas <Michelle_Vina-Baltsas -at- datascope -dot- com>
To: "Borchard, Marj" <MBorchard -at- sjm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 08:58:55 -0400

Our QA department is a part of the selection process because any new
vendor has to go through a rigorous qualification process. Since the
translations are send from our Tech Pubs department, the Tech Pubs manager
also has a significant influence on our selection process.

Thank you,
Michelle Vina-Baltsas
Technical Writer
Datascope Corporation, Patient Monitoring
201.995.8350
michelle_vina-baltsas -at- datascope -dot- com

"Borchard, Marj" <MBorchard -at- sjm -dot- com>
Sent by:
07/11/2007 06:43 PM

cc

Subject
How do you select translation vendors?

My fellow Techwhirlers - Could you tell me how your company selects
language translation vendors-e.g., who has input, who has the final
decision, how much is the Purchasing Department involved, etc.? (Note
to vendors: Thanks, but I don't need vendor information-I'm just
interested in the corporate process of selecting translation vendors.)
I would also like to know if you are using a local or a long-distance
vendor-if this was a decision you had to make, how did you decide?

If you don't mind identifying your company and location, and whether
your company is large or small, and the type of industry-all of that
information would be helpful but obviously not required. This
information will only be shared within my company and will not be
published. If you prefer not to post to the list, feel free to send me

Thanks very much for your help.

Marj Borchard

Technical Writer

St. Jude Medical

R&D, AF Division - Bldg. 7-W

14901 DeVeau Place

Minnetonka, MN 55345

mborchard -at- sjm -dot- com

(952) 351-1599

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as
michelle_vina-baltsas -at- datascope -dot- com -dot-

or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/michelle_vina-baltsas%40datascope.com

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList