Re: Ethics of Jumping To Another Contract Job

Subject: Re: Ethics of Jumping To Another Contract Job
From: "John Cook" <john -dot- cook -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 09:10:00 -0500

On 7/13/07, poshedly -at- bellsouth -dot- net <poshedly -at- bellsouth -dot- net> wrote:
> Richard & Dan,
>
> If the working conditions are acceptable (and it looks like they were / are), and if the money was agreeable when you accepted the contract (and it looks like was / is), then you really do have an ethical obligation to serve out your contract.

I think the devil is in the details.

If the second contract extension is a verbal agreement to continue the
status quo, I agree with the former posts that forthright
communication is enough. Having served out the initial contract in
good faith, the rest is bonus, and that shouldn't preclude you from
entertaining better offers.

Granted, it's another thing entirely if you signed your name and shook
somebody's hand, but I'd still raise the question.

--
John Cook
Technical Writer / Help Author

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList