Re: Ethics of Jumping To Another Contract Job

Subject: Re: Ethics of Jumping To Another Contract Job
From: "Will Husa" <will -dot- husa -at- 4techwriter -dot- com>
To: "Richard Lewis" <tech44writer -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:56:09 -0600

Hi Richard,

Judging by your question, I can only assume that you are working through a
third party agency. The client must have told the agency that they wanted to
keep you around longer than the initial agreement. A contract extension is
just that, an extension of the original agreement. It's not normally subject
to a pay adjustment. Speaking from experience, if you leave now, it's
treated the same as quitting. Until the agency releases you from your
contract, you are bound by the agreement.

In this business, there's nothing better than a steady paycheck. To me, that
is the best scenario - keep the client happy and they want to keep you
around. I once started a six week contract that ended up being three and a
half years long.

Be seeing you,

Will
Will Husa
Technical Writer of User Friendly Procedure Manuals and HTML Help
> Increasing Profits through Clear Communication <
Phone: 630.668.0333
Cellular: 708.927.3569
www.4techwriter.com