Single object origin systems

Subject: Single object origin systems
From: Chris Borokowski <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:34:00 -0700 (PDT)

This is a query for those who work in the software industry and are
looking to automate many aspects of their work.

Our department documents a complex software application which has many
small icons and images associated with it. Normally, we take screen
captures of these in the application, then paste into the
documentation.

Has anyone experimented with a way of using the images themselves? We
contemplated trying to build an application which would create "fake"
file listings so Framemaker would select one, and we could use it as a
reference -- and have it update itself from the CVS into which we check
our images.

Any help, advice is useful.

http://technical-writing.dionysius.com/
technical writing | consulting | development

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList