Re: The technologically challenged?

Subject: Re: The technologically challenged?
From: Chris Borokowski <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Richard Lewis <tech44writer -at- yahoo -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:41:59 -0700 (PDT)

In my experience, most bad software is thoroughly bad, because if those
in charge of the project are confused on one front, they'll be lost on
others.

Sometimes you get the competent team of programmers that knows enough
to hash out the function of the app as designed, and are able to make
it work, even if its operation makes no sense whatsoever.

In general though there's three important roles in software production:

1. Leadership: keep everyone on task, resolve issues as they come up.
2. Coding: make it function according to spec.
3. Design and Interface design: make sure it does something in the real
world.

Any one of those, if botched, can drag down the other two as they get
"creative" to invent answers for missing data from the botched area.

--- Richard Lewis <tech44writer -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

> I guess it is
> because the bad software I have seen is always like totally bad -
> interface and everything. And I must admit, I can not think of any
> software that is competent, but (just) has a poor interface.

http://technical-writing.dionysius.com/
technical writing | consulting | development

http://sims.yahoo.com/

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList