Re: Knowledge is manufactured?

Subject: Re: Knowledge is manufactured?
From: "Connie Giordano" <connie -at- therightwordz -dot- com>
To: "Geoff Hart" <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 14:27:20 -0500

This is precisely why I cannot understand why more TW's don't embrace and move into Knowledge Management. Colllecting, classifying, synthesizing, and transforming information into knowledge is what we do. Some aspects of KM focus more on classifying and sharing/disseminating, but a lot of it has to do with collecting and transforming. In my experience it really is the big picture, strategic view of what we do as TWs. Unless we choose to, as Geoff notes, "parrot" information, in which case we'll continue to be stuck with the "make it pretty" requests and Rodney Dangerfield levels of respect.

And I'm here to tell ya-the money's way better in KM!!! (current contractor title- "Documentation/Knowledge Manager)

Connie P. Giordano
The Right Words
Communications & Information Design
(704) 957-8450 (cell)

www.therightwords.com
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney