Re: Knowledge is manufactured?

Subject: Re: Knowledge is manufactured?
From: John Garison <john -at- garisons -dot- com>
To: Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 16:02:33 -0400

We are transfer agents. We transfer knowledge from one set of minds to
another. And we do add value in the process.

Purely ephemeral ideas may be communicated from one individual to
another, but we make it so that it can be communicated to many people.

We make sure that the information is written down or is otherwise
accessible.

We ensure there is some sort of permanency to the information.

We make sure it's something that can be read and understood and which
creates understanding within the recipient.

We make it referenceable so that people can find what they're looking
for within the body of knowledge.

There is a sense of turning data into information, and turning
information into knowledge that is part of the equation, too.

So .. we're more than parrots, more than word extrusion modules. We are
truly value-add information resources.

My 2¢,

John Garison

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList