Re: SWF or SilverLight?

Subject: Re: SWF or SilverLight?
From: Rick Stone <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:54:41 -0500

Hi all

LOL, wasn't this also what the main selling point of Java was? The fact
it had its own sandbox it couldn't get out of?

In no way am I predicting the demise of Silverlight, but I find it a bit
odd that Java never really took off as they expected, when it was
supposedly touting such tight security.

While I agree that Silverlight looks promising, I tend to cringe at what
Chris originally said:

First, it will soon be installed on every MS computer possible.

I think Flash has the advantage here, as it's just already present on most browsers. Silverlight will need to play catch up. I've not tested the link Dan provided on my Vista setup yet, but on my pretty fresh XP Pro setup I did have to install things.

Cheers and happy Friday all... Rick :)

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList