Who? - was, "RE: No Time to Read"

Subject: Who? - was, "RE: No Time to Read"
From: "Lauren" <lt34 -at- csus -dot- edu>
To: "'Richard Lewis'" <tech44writer -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "'Combs, Richard'" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>, "'Techwr-l'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 23:31:50 -0700

> From: Richard Lewis
>
> People on this listserv refer readers to postings on other
> sites - written by both themselves and others. People on
> this listserv often go by other than their real name (things
> like Techman, DocuLady, etc.)
>
> If I use different names on different sites, I have not
> heard of some protocol to make sure that everything is
> coordinated in cross referencing. It is untrue to say or
> imply that I strategized "sockpuppetry" .
>
> Richard Lewis

"Techman" and "DocuLady" are obviously not real names but we tend to accept
that they represent singular individuals. Using different names on one
listserv gives the impression that multiple individuals are represented when
there is only one person trying to sound like two or more people in
agreement, which would be stupid to do, so defense of using two names on a
listserv makes no sense. Plus, it is rude.

If it is really the case that Tony Markos, Anthony Markatos, Richard Lewis,
Tony Lewis, and Dweezleknobknock from Arcturus (oh wait, that's *my* other
identity) or whomever are the same person, then that's just stupid. I mean,
really, really stupid. I certainly never thought that Richard Lewis was a
person with other web identities or the pseudonym of a person. If Richard
Lewis is a sock-puppet, then why didn't the original person who chose the
name, pick "Richard Lewis"? Richard Lewis is a comedian and the Richard
Lewis here is not funny. At least he doesn't make a regular habit of saying
anything entertaining.

Oh wait, here's an explanation that just makes this all the more stupid,
http://www.techwr-l.com/archives/0610/techwhirl-0610-00456.html
(http://tinyurl.com/2fo3h9). It's his "Abstract Einstein" self-description.
You know the one, I'll paraphrase, "I make mistakes, like with my own name,
because I'm abstract, like Einstein."

I really hoped that Richard Lewis was not Tony (ajmarkos, ajmarkos1,
tonymar, etc.) Markatos. Just a quick once over at www.sqaforums.com gave
the impression that Tony Markatos is (or was, unless there was a career
change) a QA tester who is oddly opposed all forms of requirements
documentation and seems to (or seemed to, unless there was a mindset change)
hang his hat on DFDs as the only thing important in documentation.
Additionally, Anthony Markatos does appear to lack expertise in technical
communication. I feel bad that I partially defended Richard Lewis when
someone said that he wasn't a technical writer. Apparently, he is not.

http://www.sqaforums.com/printthread.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB41&main=302784&type=
thread

http://research.it.uts.edu.au/re/re-OldArchive/0481.html

I thought that Richard Lewis was an inexperienced, or at least struggling,
technical writer in need of a little guidance. His frequent spelling and
word choice errors made me feel sympathetic to his questions. I never
thought that I was dealing with a QA tester that did not support critical
components of technical writing, like requirements documentation, and who
didn't have the courtesy to stick with one name, real or otherwise. I
really feel duped.

Lauren

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList