RE: No Time to Read

Subject: RE: No Time to Read
From: Richard Lewis <tech44writer -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Brian Henderson <brian-henderson -at- cox -dot- net>, Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 06:39:02 -0700 (PDT)

Use of an assumed is now recommeded. I do not like to use what I consider to be rather cheezy names like techman or whatever.

Richard Lewis

Brian Henderson <brian-henderson -at- cox -dot- net> wrote:
I don't believe that using a nickname is on quite the same level as using a name that could only be interpreted as belonging to an
entirely different person. And while it's true that, in cyberspace, being deceptive about one's identity is thought to be relatively
common (and in some places assumed), I don't think this is one of those places. I think here it would generally be considered to be
bad manners...at the least.

Brian Henderson

-----Original Message----- From: Richard Lewis

People on this listserv refer readers to postings on other sites - written by both themselves and others. People on this listserv
often go by other than their real name (things like Techman, DocuLady, etc.)

If I use different names on different sites, I have not heard of some protocol to make sure that everything is coordinated in
cross referencing. It is untrue to say or imply that I strategized "sockpuppetry" .

Richard Lewis

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as tech44writer -at- yahoo -dot- com -dot-

or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/tech44writer%40yahoo.com

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList