Re: Requirements

Subject: Re: Requirements
From: Chris Borokowski <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Jim Barrow <vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 07:08:30 -0700 (PDT)

I've got to answer with the dreaded "yes, but."

I think developers should be involved. If I were a developer, I would
want to be involved.

The catch is that I think a project manager should oversee the event to
keep everyone on track, dodging the tendency you mentioned to slip into
more familiar ways of thinking and avoid some requirements will
basically converting one form of information to another.

The other catch is that I would spend as little time as possible on it,
and do it incrementally if possible, to avoid burning out your
developers. They are often essentially fueled by nicotine and coffee,
and it's easy to run them straight out of neurotransmitters, at which
point they sit in the corner and ramble on about pointer math.

--- Jim Barrow <vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net> wrote:

> But I digress. The question remains, however: Do you think that
> developers should be involved in this porcess?

http://technical-writing.dionysius.com/
technical writing | consulting | development

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList