RE: Guess what: we suck!

Subject: RE: Guess what: we suck!
From: "Dori Green" <dgreen -at- associatedbrands -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 09:05:56 -0400

I don't mind if the documentation is written off-shore. But can't they PLEASE get an English-speaking editor to look at it before it goes out?

I just spent $64 for a digital voice recorder/2-gig memory USB device. Looked far and wide for something guaranteed to work on my Ol' Dependable Win98SE IBM Thinkpad (can't kill the thing, gods and goddesses know I've tried).

I knew I was in trouble as soon as I saw the "Quick Instructions for RIP & File Transferring" (quotes are theirs):

Thanks for purchasing from <i>Nextar</i>. We hope this satisfies you're on the go musical needs. Below you will find instructions and screen shots on how to RIP (Raster Image Processing) and transfer files to your MP3 player. It is important to have a library of music (MP3/WMA) on your computer before you get started.

It goes on to describe how to upload the drivers from the mini-disk included.

Except that there are no drivers on the disk.

At the end of all the instructions on the disk, it tells me to go to the website to download the drivers.

Oh yeah, I'm impressed. NOT!

Dori Green

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList