RE: Word 2000: Page Br disturbs my headings in doc map

Subject: RE: Word 2000: Page Br disturbs my headings in doc map
From: "Lauren" <lt34 -at- csus -dot- edu>
To: <steve -at- writersbookmall -dot- com>, "'Suresh'" <vsuresh -at- clavib -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:42:28 -0700

Numbering used to get orphaned in older versions of Word where the number
would be on the page break while the heading was on the next line. I think
it was a bug of some sort, but I can't reproduce the error anymore in Word
2003. Although, I have had difficulty with orphaned heading numbers in
earlier versions of Word. The number orphaning apparently still occurs in
the Document Map.

You can apply the page break to a blank "Normal" line and follow that with
the heading but you will have white space before your heading. You can also
remove the page break and apply "Page break before" to the paragraph in
Paragraph Formatting. Both options produce a numbered heading in the
Document Map.

Lauren

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList