Re: RSI, Dragon Naturally Speaking, FrameMaker, and cubicles

Subject: Re: RSI, Dragon Naturally Speaking, FrameMaker, and cubicles
From: "Suzette Leeming" <suzette -dot- leeming -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Stansbury, Stan" <SBS -at- dolby -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 20:54:21 -0400

I can't answer all your questions (such as using it with Framemaker), but
here's my experience.

1. You use a headset with an attached mic, so you shouldn't have to
speak very loud.
2. It take time to "train" it. Best to do during slow times or after
work. It needs to "learn" to match the pronumciation of some words with the
correct spelling (there - their - they're, which - witch, etc. along with
some really creative ones).
3. You will still need to do some editing/formatting for a long time.

I have found that using a touchpad instead of a mouse has been very
beneficial. It puts less strain on the wrist. Not only have I had RSI, I
actually broke my "mouse" wrist a couple of years ago and haved 3 pins in it
now. I've been replacing each of my mice (work, home, laptop, etc.) with
touchpads.

My keyboard is also egonomic, except on the laptop. Split in the middle / \.

Hope this helps a bit.

--
Need affordable web hosting? I recommend 1 & 1 - that's where I'm hosted!
http://www.1and1.com/?k_id=6815038

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList