RE: I *do* have better things to do :)

Subject: RE: I *do* have better things to do :)
From: John Hedtke <john -at- hedtke -dot- com>
To: Tim Mantyla <TimMantyla -at- nustep -dot- com>,techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 07:09:43 -0700

Nicely put, Tim. Tech writers often take themselves too seriously--it's a
personality trait that led many of us to be become tech writers in the
first place, I'm sure of it (which is why we have debates about serial
commas and the like :) ).

And yes, I too have phoned radio stations to complain about what was being
played over and over. I also write letters to companies and complain about
truly awful advertising occasionally. Both of these have worked and make
my life that much happier.

I suggest that we do not come up with a separate humor subgroup, simply
because the random snippets of fun are frequently the very thing to inspire
a creative whack to the head.

Yours truly,

John Hedtke

P.S. There's an Italian expression that actually sums things up nicely, as
a matter of fact: "Va afar in culo se non apprezzi lo scherzo." It's a bit
idiomatic, but the message is that you really need to have humor in your
life to survive.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList