Re: Is FrameMaker dead?

Subject: Re: Is FrameMaker dead?
From: Seb <techwritersblock -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "WilliamFLawrence -at- eaton -dot- com" <WilliamFLawrence -at- eaton -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:34:41 -0400

I also use InDesign as my sole tech writing application. I do all my work on
a Mac, so that excludes the vast majority of technical writing applications
right there. That being said, I don't miss FrameMaker one bit. Either I've
learned to live with any shortcomings the product has when it comes to
creating long documents, or I don't notice them.

And Bill is right about the tight integration with other Adobe products. The
ability to jump from InDesign to Photoshop to Illustrator to Dreamweaver and
back is priceless. I'm not sure if FrameMaker is capable of the same on a
Windows box, but the tight integration Creative Suite 3 provides is
invaluable.
--
Seb
http://www.techwritersblock.com