Getting up to speed on UML (Was: Re: Documentation Correctness...)

Subject: Getting up to speed on UML (Was: Re: Documentation Correctness...)
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- westnet -dot- com -dot- au>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, "posada >> John Posada" <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:25:24 +0800

I need to learn UML for an upcoming contract. I did do an OO Analysis
and Design course that covered UML but that was several years ago and I
never really got to use it in practice.

I'll be working on an existing system that is a bit light on for design
docs. I won't be doing the analysis but I need to be able to read and
maintain existing UML diagrams while updating the end user docs, sitting
in on design meetings, etc.

They use a modelling tool called Sparx Enterprise Architect, and I found
some useful UML tutorials on the Sparx web site.

John (or anyone), can you recommend any other good resources to bring me
up to date on UML? The client is aware that I'll need to learn on the
job, but the better prepared I am, the sooner I can be productive.

Thanks

Stuart

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList