Re: Usability Professionals and Technical Communicators

Subject: Re: Usability Professionals and Technical Communicators
From: Chris Borokowski <athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Cardimon, Craig" <ccardimon -at- M-S-G -dot- com>, Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 13:54:11 -0800 (PST)

I'm getting better results with this URL:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/08/business/yourmoney/08starts.html

<http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/w/barbara_wh

<http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/international_bus

<http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/sony_corporation/

<http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/microsoft_corpora

<http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/yahoo_inc/index.h
> tml?inline=nyt-org> and having a lot of trouble finding
> user-experienced people," he said.
>
> More companies are dividing the various aspects of the job, he said.
> business might want a usability researcher to go out and talk with
> users
> and examine what they're comfortable with. Then it might employ a
> usability design expert to incorporate the researcher's findings into
> the way a product works.
>
> According to information compiled by the usability association in
> 2005,
> annual pay in the field in the United States started at about $49,000
> and rose to about $120,000. The average salary was $86,500.
>
> Usability position are receiving more visibility within companies,
> and
> high-ranking positions like director of usability are being created,
> Mr.
> Danas of Microsoft said. "From a career standpoint I think there's a
> lot
> of opportunity, and that's getting broader every day," he said.
>
> Fresh Starts is a monthly column about emerging jobs and job trends.

> Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file
> formats or
> printed documentation. Features include support for Windows Vista &
> 2007
> http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as athloi -at- yahoo -dot- com -dot-

> or visit
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/athloi%40yahoo.com

http://technical-writing.dionysius.com/
technical writing | consulting | development

http://mail.yahoo.com

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList