Re: Asking a question: a controdiction?

Subject: Re: Asking a question: a controdiction?
From: "Raj Machhan" <raj -dot- machhan -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Mitchell Maltenfort" <mmalten -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:51:32 +0530

It is certainly jarring to have anyone disturb you while you are deep into
something like 'n-tier modular architecture of a complex software that
deploys multiple ODBCs with disparate database types.................'.
An open office is now almost a norm in the IT domain. One easy way for you
to make out whether a person is free to answer your question is to simply
walk upto the individual's workstation and see for yourself. If the person
is busy, you can send an e-mail.
Another way could be to use the intra office instant messaging system.
Simply send across a message and wait for the response.
Except for circumstances like the one cited above, I personally feel it
makes sense to extend instant help to your colleagues. Or else you can have
a paper pinned to the more noticeable side of your cubicle that puts across
the Do Not Disturb message politely or better still with humour. Maybe
Techwirlers can suggest some humorous messages.