Re: Writing the User Docs first?

Subject: Re: Writing the User Docs first?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Gordon McLean" <Gordon -dot- McLean -at- GrahamTechnology -dot- com>, "'Techwr-l'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 07:51:29 -0800

I've done it. At one past client, the software requirement spec was a highly detailed description of how features were supposed to
work, based on the Marketing experts' knowledge of how the prospective customers would expect them to work if the product being
developed was going to be competitive with the current industry giant's. I wrote the user doc based on that, the programmers coded
based on it and the testers compared all three.

The development environment did not have a name, Agile or other, but I think the company did stumble upon some aspects of what is
commonly known as "Agile."

Gene Kim-Eng