Re: End User Manual and SharePoint Wiki

Subject: Re: End User Manual and SharePoint Wiki
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 08:11:01 -0800

My experience in these matters has been that upper
management that makes process decisions without
asking for input from the people actually doing the
work is usually convinced that they know these
things better and will turn a deaf ear toward any
arguement offered on these grounds. The approach
that has the best chance of being successful is to
determine the maximum level of disaster possible
if a user posts incorrect information to the wiki
and another user follows it 30 seconds later, then
secure the support of someone in the upper
management level whose ox will be gored by
said disaster. If you can't come up with a suitable
disaster, then perhaps there's nothing to be lost by
posting the "known good" document that you have
prepared and giving the wiki a try. Just be sure
to select a platform for it that doesn't require a
lot of hands-on work by the doc team.

Gene Kim-Eng

(unless they indicate otherwise