Re: OT: Banjo playing tech writer vs. professionalism :)

Subject: Re: OT: Banjo playing tech writer vs. professionalism :)
From: Tim Mantyla <TimMantyla -at- nustep -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 16:53:40 -0500

Singer-songwriter, electric, acoustic and classical or folk guitar, some
harmonica and bass...and a wee bit of "rhythm keyboard"...plunking along
with the rhythm, that is! (*Usually* the right notes.) I like blues, folk,
rock, psychedelic rock, harmony bands like CSNY and the Byrds, of course
Beatles, Stones, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane...Nirvana,
Police and Sting...could go on forever.

Semi-pro here too...I performed a bit in Ann Arbor in the mid-1990s with a
small rock/folk band, Urban Campfire, and also as a duet w/ a
guitarist/bassist who was the bass player for Iggy Pop's first band, the
Iguanas...way before the Stooges, and Iggy was the drummer, not the
singer. Funny stories about that!

Also wrote many music articles, profiles, CD and band reviews at that time
for Current and Ann Arbor Observer.

I was also a "salon guru" <gg> also with an all-invited regular
twice-monthly group I organized and MC'd called The Gathering. It was for
artistic-musical folks...we'd hang out, jam, do art projects, readings,
etc. That was fun...

Tim Mantyla

> From: "Pro TechWriter" <pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com>
> Wow, so many multi-instrumentalists!