RE: If you had only 1 hour to learn onscreen editing...

Subject: RE: If you had only 1 hour to learn onscreen editing...
From: "Dori Green" <dgreen -at- associatedbrands -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 09:03:58 -0500

The ergonomics angle should not be overlooked or minimized.

One of the easiest and potentially important fixes to the eyestrain
problem -- take out the overhead fluorescent lights closest to the
computer and replace them with incandescents. Full-spectrum are best,
but any will do -- even a desk lamp.

Computer monitors resonate at one frequency, fluorescent lights at
another. That's why when you're walking out to your car after eight
hours, it looks like those two airplanes are going to collide. It takes
a minute or two to realize there's only one plane. Is that how you want
to be entering the freeway?

Just my 2 cents. YMMV. Your frequencies, too.

Sigh, if I sculpt my job the way I want to, I'll be editing online 8-10
hours a day for about 30 SMEs, themselves filtering inputs from another
300 end users.

That's probably the best answer to being taken by the shoulder and
pointed at a factory and told "Go Thou And Write Technically." It might
be the only sane answer. Another hint -- be very, very careful what you
pray for.

Dori Green

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList