RE: Problem with Excel

Subject: RE: Problem with Excel
From: "Sharon Burton" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "Dana Worley \(webmail\)" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 08:16:53 -0800

I've noticed my desktop computer (XP and Office 2000) has started doing this
same thing. Seemed to have started about 2 weeks ago.

I go to Windows Explorer, find the Word or Excel file I want (the file shows
the correct association and icon), double-click it to open. The correct
application opens but the file is not opened. If I leave the application
open, go back to Explorer and double-click the file again, NOW it opens in
the application.

It's as tho the application wants to open the file first shot out but it
just gets tired and can't quite do that AND open itself. "Whew!," it says,
"I really need to just catch my breath before I can open that darn file.
Just let me sit for a minute. Hang on."

I find it annoying but not a deal breaker. Perhaps MS patched us and this is
the result? I can see a security reason - this prevents a script from
opening a bad file and having the bad file run all by itself.

sharon

Sharon Burton
CEO, Anthrobytes Consulting
951-369-8590