RE: permalancers

Subject: RE: permalancers
From: Technical Writer <tekwrytr -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:46:32 -0500

Ned Bedinger wrote:
<quote>
I classify it as a variant of the rhetorical device known as "mirrors" which comprises barbershop mirrors, funhouse mirrors, smoke and ....</quote>
Your comments could be as appropriately classified as obfuscatory prose. Pomposity is an inappropriate (although altogether too common) response for technical writers implying they are unreplaceable. They are not. That is the bottom line. Misdirection, obfuscation, and tatty little asides do nothing to change the basic scenario.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList