RE: [OT] What might this object be? [old thread]

Subject: RE: [OT] What might this object be? [old thread]
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: <lists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 08:30:10 -0500

Katherine Noftz Nagel [mailto:lists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com]
> OK, I may be way offbase, here. It isn't round, and from
> the photo I can't tell the color of the LED or the material
> the case is made of, but...could it be a fleet management
> tracker similar to this one:
>
> <http://store01.prostores.com/protect8/catalog/GPStrackStickPRO.jpg>
>
> I stumbled across this site looking for something else, but
> the stubbie antenna and the LED on the body reminded me of
> your question.

Maybe. But the product description suggests that device at the above URL
is not self-powered. The "stub" appears to be not an antenna but a
strain-relief connector for the cable to the vehicle's electrical
system.
If that device fell off a truck and was sitting in the slush, the LED
would not likely be powered.

But I've been wrong before.

Kevin
or disclosing it.