RE: Software project documents - Location

Subject: RE: Software project documents - Location
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "Paul Hanson" <phanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:04:57 -0500

We've begun using SharePoint for all the project documents.
Each project gets a sharepoint directory, and is also assigned a Product
Life Cycle (PLC-xxxxxxxx-....) number with an abbreviated title stuck on
the end of the number.

The SharePoint web page has a frame to one side with useful and timely
links, such as explanations of the process, explanations of the
numbering and nomenclature system, who's-who, etc.

It's actually not bad, especially since we're developing strong
processes and have very good project managers with tireless whip-hands
to ensure that up-to-date versions of all such docs are usually
available... and now we know where they live (the docs, I mean). Wanna
see my whip scars? :-)

Kevin
or disclosing it.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList