RE: FM to HTML conversion issues

Subject: RE: FM to HTML conversion issues
From: "Will Sansbury" <wsansbury -at- alpha -dot- ipswitch -dot- com>
To: "'Brautigam Curtis'" <curtis -dot- brautigam -at- volvo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:59:55 -0500

I don't use Framemaker much anymore, but I do know a thing or two about
HTML.... so maybe this will help.

Are you seeing the correct characters when you view the source of the HTML
files? If yes, then the problem is with the character encoding in the HTML
files. If you change to the appropriate charset, the browser should render
the documents correctly.

This link might help: http://htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/charset.html.en

If it's jumbled in the source, too, then Framemaker is to blame and I
wouldn't know what to tell you.

Hope that helps!
Will Sansbury
Author-it Certified Consultant