Re: Hopeless question: fund/raising

Subject: Re: Hopeless question: fund/raising
From: "Patricia Egan" <capdev -dot- communications -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Susan Hogarth" <hogarth -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:30:09 -0800

I worked in fundrising for nearly 20 years and was one of the first to be
earn my CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive). Part of the confusion is
that it used to be "fund raising" (noun) and "fund-raising" (adjective).

I checked on this recently. The National Society of Fund Raising Executives
(NSFRE) changed its name to the Association of Fundraising Professionals
(AFP) and now uses "fundraising". The is also the Association of Fundraising
Counsel and it has always used "fundraising".

Hope this helps.

Pat

On 2/27/08, Susan Hogarth <hogarth -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

> 1) Fund raising
>
> 2) Fundraising
>
> 3) Fund-raising
>
> ?????
>
> --
> Susan Hogarth
> http://www.colliething.com
>
> Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats or
> printed documentation. Features include support for Windows Vista & 2007
> http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as
> capdev -dot- communications -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-

> or visit
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/capdev.communications%40gmail.com

Patricia Egan
P. O. Box 194391