Re: Word 2007 TOC

Subject: Re: Word 2007 TOC
From: "Chris Snee" <cjsnee -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Joel Wilhelm" <eleysium -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:03:51 -0800

Hi Joel,

I just figured out how to do this yesterday :-)

1. Right click the TOC and then click "Edit Field" in the pop-up menu. This
will open the "Field" window.
2. In the "Field names" pane, select "TOC," then click the "Table of
Contents" button in the "Field properties" pane on the right. This will open
the "Table of Contents" window.
3. Click the "Options" button. This will open the "Table of Contents
Options" window where you'll be able to pick and choose which styles should
appear in the TOC.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
~Chris

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Joel Wilhelm <eleysium -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

> I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add or subtract styles from
> the TOC in Word 07. I don't understand the "Add Text" drop-down in the
> ribbon, and I don't see anything like the old dialog box from 2003 where
> you
> could move styles back and forth. Can anyone point me to help online? I
> have
> looked at MS help and Googled the subject, but I'm not finding anything
> great yet.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joel
>
> Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats or
> printed documentation. Features include support for Windows Vista & 2007
> http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList<http://www.doctohelp.com/TechwrlList>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as cjsnee -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-

> or visit
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/cjsnee%40gmail.com

cjsnee -at- gmail -dot- com

"The atmosphere of the average workplace
is to productivity what flames painted on
the side of a car are to speed."
-Paul Graham

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList