Re: Sound damping in a cubicle

Subject: Re: Sound damping in a cubicle
From: Ned Bedinger <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>
To: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 17:14:43 -0800

If the sound reaches my ears before it reaches the canceller, I'd still
hear it. Hmm, this must be true, and must be the reason why they put
cancelling in headphones instead of on the desktop or in the ceiling.

In my area scenario, I'd have to put it between me and the source of
noise. In a place with hard surfaces, I expect some cancelling waves
would amplify echoed target waves, making it a lot harder to get the
desired effect.

I guess the easiest thing to do is go back to wads of tissue in the
ears, and wait for the personal noise cancelling device arrays at
popular prices to arrive .

Earplugs, headphones, <shudder>.

Ned Bedinger
doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com