RE: RE : price for legal review of contract?

Subject: RE: RE : price for legal review of contract?
From: "Andrew Warren" <awarren -at- synaptics -dot- com>
To: "Becky Edmondson" <beckyed -at- rcn -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:58:40 -0700

Becky Edmondson wrote:

> A clarification--I am speaking of the contract I use for
> consulting/contracting services, not an employment contract.

Becky:

Any lawyer can do the basic contract-law stuff, but you should get your
contract reviewed by an intellectual-property attorney; he'll be more
familiar than other lawyers with issues like non-disclosure agreements,
ownership of copyright, licenses and royalties, etc.

It shouldn't take more than an hour for him to review an existing
contract, and that shouldn't cost TOO much... One barely-relevant data
point: Ten years ago, review of my contract by a partner at one of the
top IP law firms in San Diego cost around $250.

-Andrew

=== Andrew Warren - awarren -at- synaptics -dot- com
=== Synaptics, Inc - Santa Clara, CA

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList