Re: Death knell for quality content?

Subject: Re: Death knell for quality content?
From: "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: john -at- garisons -dot- com
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:34:52 -0400

> Is this really what we are going to start getting? Content is king ... but
> if people really believe that crappy content is just as good as quality
> content, we are in a heap of trouble.

I think the only issue here under this model is whether or not the
articles are positioned as anecdotal/user reviews, or if they are
positioned as "articles". Traditionally any kind of trade magazine or
the like would carry weight given the articles contained within were
thought to be well researched and written by informed parties. If the
buyers of recreational or sub par content are pitching it as blanket
content and not what it is that they actually received (a user's
thoughts, etc.) then yes, there's an issue. But if they're honest
about its source and are merely looking for cheap content to drive ad
revenue, then I don't see an issue (other than the sleaze factor,
which is too common to condemn on its own here).

--
Bill Swallow
Senior Member STC, TechValley Chapter

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList